Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Review: Florena - Hand cream with organic camomile - for sensitive hands

I am one of those people that always has hand cream on me. I frequently have dry hands and I hate being out and about and having dry hands! 

I got the Florena hand cream from a PinkBox, I haven't seen it anywhere being sold in stores (which is one of the reasons I stopped getting the PinkBox)

Back to the hand cream! It is marketed as being natural and without mineral oils and silicones, which is something I prefer my skin products to be without. 


The ingredient list is still a bit on the longer side:
Aqua, isopropyl palmitate, glycerin, glyceryl stearate SE, cetyl alcohol, panthenol, octyldodecanol, sodium cetearyl sulfate, bisabolol, chamomilla recutta flower extract, propylene glycol, sodium acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, citronellol, benzyl alcohol, parfum.

There are couple of things that I don't like and the one that shocked me the most is isopropyl palmitate which is made out of palm oil! Something I would not expect in a natural product. I as well didn't like the fact it has methylparaben and propylparaben. Not at all something that should be in ANY product. 

The hand creams tag line is "mild and soothing care with the power of nature" and on the back it says (translated from German):
The highly effective formula
  • with natural chamomile from controlled organic cultivation soothes sensitive and stressed hands and gives them intensive moisture.
  • with provitamin b5 nourishes the hands gently 
  • absorbs quickly and provides a soft and supple skin feeling
I would say that it does the things that it claims it does. The hand cream is quite thick and a little goes a long way! It doesn't have a strong scent and it actually really reminds me of Nivea products, which isn't far fetched since they are under the same company. 

Florena is a part of the Beiersdorf company. Which owns for example Nivea, Labello, La Prairie, and Beiersdorf isn't cruelty free. 

So with all the bad ingredients, the fact that they aren't cruelty free and not even close to being as natural as they seem to claim I am pretty sure I wouldn't recommend this product. 

Bisous

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I try to answer all of the comments but you can as well reach me on twitter @tafraises

Bisous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...